Employment Opportunities at ERS
Why work for ERS?
Because we . . .
- Believe in the environmental benefits of our work
- Employ creative and innovative approaches
- Offer high quality, solution-focused work
- Maintain an environment of ownership and responsibility
- Value and respect the cultural and international diversity of our employees
- Recognize employee performance with career growth opportunities and advancement
- Encourage team work and mentoring
- Provide many non-work opportunities for relationship building among our staff
- Offer flexible work arrangements
- Provide a safe and harassment-free work environment
- Welcome people who are motivated by environmental and energy policy concerns
- Seek employees who are looking for a career rather than just a job
- Have fun at work
Please note: Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
ERS offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and background, a comprehensive benefits package, and an excellent opportunity for growth.
The following positions are currently available at ERS:
If you do not see a suitable position listed here at this time but are still interested in joining our team, please send us your resume along with a letter of interest, and we will review it for future openings.
Opening in NY
ERS has an immediate opening for an Energy Efficiency Outreach Specialist with excellent customer skills to support activities in New York State.
We are looking for an outgoing self-starter with strong technical, communication, and interpersonal skills to interface with commercial and industrial customers at their facilities and guide them through the process of identifying energy efficiency measures and participating in New York’s energy efficiency programs. Some travel will be expected.
The ideal candidate must be customer focused, have experience working with commercial building systems or manufacturing/industrial process systems, be effective in communicating with all levels of management and operations staff (from the CFO to the maintenance manager), and understand the decision-making process for capital equipment purchases. Prior experience in commercial facilities or industrial/manufacturing settings is required. Experience with energy efficiency programs and assessment and a technical background are preferred. Excellent writing, communications, computer, and customer-relationship development skills are mandatory.
The Outreach Specialist will be responsible for:
- Developing strong relationships and deep engagement with commercial and industrial customers for energy-related projects and improvements
- Providing customer support and programmatic assistance to facility owners and operators associated with participation in state energy efficiency programs
- Connecting with vendors and industry partners to identify potential energy efficiency projects for customers
- Working with staff engineers to provide technical review and assessment of energy-related projects, conduct/direct site surveys, and analyze efficiency measures
- Preparing comprehensive reports with detailed findings
2+ years' energy engineering experience
Openings in MA, ME, and CT
The successful candidates will have an educational focus in energy efficiency and/or 2+ years of energy engineering experience that includes knowledge of energy systems, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainable practices for commercial and industrial facilities. Experience in efficiency program administration, project management, and measurement and verification of energy-related projects is highly desirable. Project Engineers will be responsible for:
- Conducting and/or directing site surveys
- Overseeing the deployment of energy-performance-measuring instruments such as power meters and data loggers
- Performing engineering analysis of efficiency measures
- Preparing comprehensive reports with detailed analytical findings
- Providing technical assistance to facility owners and operators and conducting technical reviews and assessments of energy-related projects Conducting customer education and outreach on behalf of our utility clients
- Supporting energy efficiency program efforts including design, development, and delivery services
The ability to work closely with customers, vendors, and efficiency program administrators is essential. A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required, and excellent communication, writing, and computer skills are mandatory. Certification as an Engineer-in-Training or CEM, a Professional Engineer's license, or a master's/advanced degree is preferred.[top]
5+ years energy engineering experience
Openings in MA, NYC, CA, ME, CT, and OR
Candidates should have 5 or more years of energy engineering experience that includes knowledge of energy systems, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainable practices for commercial building systems, new building construction, and industrial manufacturing operations. Experience in energy engineering and project management and strong technical knowledge of energy efficiency practices and programs are also highly desirable.
We are looking for engineers with significant experience in several of the following areas:
- Energy Efficiency and Building Use Modeling and Simulation
- Comprehensive Energy Assessments & Analyses
- HVAC System Assessment and Analytical Modeling
- Industrial Process Efficiency and Productivity
- Building Commissioning/Retro-Commissioning Services
- High Performance and Green Buildings/LEED Certification
- Demand Management and Demand Response
- Compressed Air Supply & Demand-Side Enhancements
- State-of-the-Art Lighting Design M&V
- Monitoring & Verification (M&V) and Impact Evaluation
- Renewable Energy Technologies (photovoltaics, wind, distributed generation, etc.)
- Architectural Engineering, Building Science, Sustainable Practices
- Efficiency Program Design & Implementation
Successful applicants will also have experience conducting and/or directing site surveys, performing measure analyses, and preparing comprehensive reports detailing analytical findings. The ability to work closely with customers, vendors, and efficiency program administrators is essential, and business development, construction administration, design, and/or project management skills are a plus. A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required; a masters or advanced ME degree is preferred. Excellent communication, writing, and computer skills are mandatory.[top]